BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Living The Dream...


This past week has been a whirlwind, but I have finally made it to The Big Apple. Moving from Florida back home to Pennsylvania and then to New York, all within four days, along with starting two internships has been quite the journey. In the words of Alicia Keys, “If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere, that's what they say…,” it has been a journey this far and I can honestly say I am truly blessed to be where I am at this point in my career. Coming from a small town in Pennsylvania, I have always had big dreams growing up and have been known to follow those dreams.

“Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York!
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Hear it for New York, New York, New Yooork!”


If there is one place on earth that makes you feel brand new, it has to be New York. There are so many opportunities and things to be inspired by within the entertainment industry. I have been given the opportunity to intern with VIACOM/MTV Networks in the MTV News and Docs department working with production management. I have also been given the opportunity to intern with NBC Universal working with the MSNBC booking team. Both companies have been amazing this far. It’s a great feeling to be inspired, appreciated, and welcomed.


With all that aside, it has been a challenging, stressful, eventful, successful, motivational, and entertaining week. Along with graduating with my masters in entertainment business from Full Sail University in 3 weeks, finishing my last class and final business plan, I plan to utilize these next four months to gain experience within the entertainment industry along with finding my niche. My ultimate goal is to land a full time job with one of these companies and I’m determined to survive in this industry. “I'ma make it by any means, I got a pocketful of dreams.” It’s artists like Alicia Keys who inspire individuals like myself to want to succeed in life. I think it’s highly important to educate yourself with the knowledge needed to survive in life, to enjoy life, and to follow that dream of yours

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." —Confucius

0 comments: