BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shark Suggestions...


The show, Shark Tank, is one of the best examples of pitching a business plan. There are many aspects to consider when pitching a business plan, but the main focus of your pitch is to educate your investors on how your product is going to sell and make money. The sharks are only interested in making money. Each shark specializes in a different area, but will invest in any product that they feel will sell and be successful. It is really all about how is your product unique, how much do you believe in your product, what are your past sales, and how will this product make money.

Barbara and Robert are my two favorite sharks. Barbara specializes in Real Estate and is a highly intelligent woman when coming to investments. Robert focuses on technology and is a smart man when considering putting money into an investment. Both sharks have taught me a lot about investing in general, the effective ways to pitch a business plan idea, and what each “shark” wants to hear.

This show and these sharks have taught me that pitching a business plan idea is not always an easy task and things to think about along the way. I’ve learned that for an investor to even consider giving you an investment, you must have an idea that stands out. The sharks always find it interesting when other big companies have shown interest in your product as well. I plan to take my business plan concept and figure out how I can stand out, how I can be unique, and how my product will make money. After conducting research about each of these investors, it has really opened my eyes to determine if my business plan is good enough to sell, survive, and be successful. The sharks have taught me that the most important aspects of your business plan are obviously the financials and how well you present your idea. I plan to take their effective criticism, their advice on being successful, and maybe someday I will be presenting my idea in front of the shark tank.

0 comments: